1.13.2014

Seeking the Presence of God

I've experienced God's presence during my some of my prayer times in the past and it was glorious ! There is nothing like it and once you're there, you may not want to come back. It makes me think of heaven and how much beauty, peace and majesty we'll experience when we get there !

God created us for fellowship. He wants us to spend time with Him. And I am sure a lot of us reading this would want to spend more time in the presence of the Lord but have one excuse or other , all of which are really legitimate by the way . It however does come down to what our priorities are but I will not beat you down with that. God knows I have been struggling in this area myself and I have just been hungry recently to get back to those powerful and yet intimate times with Him.

Anyway, recently was thinking about how I could live with the presence of God with me all throughout the day when Psalm 91:1 occurred to me. It says :

      He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
         Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

There is a secret place where God would like each of us to dwell if we are seeking to live each day under His shadow. That secret place is the place of prayer and of delving deep into the Word of God. It's the place where we are raw with him ; all the masks come off and we talk to Him like the Father that He is. It's the place where we wage war and win battles.

God is looking for true worshippers because in these times, "the love of many will grow cold" (Matthew 24:12). God is looking for people who will stand in the gap and intercede on behalf of families and nations. The Lord God is looking for people who want intimacy with Him beyond Sunday church and Wednesday mid-week service because believe it or not, that space is not crowded .

This year it's my goal to walk under the shadow of the Almighty. I want to experience Him every single day of my life because I have found out that the world and all its enticements are pretty dry compared to the surpassing greatness of seeking God's face and living under the anointing of the Holy Spirit. 

May we all be seekers this year.

Gertrude.

I finished a 60-day devotional for teens this past Christmas. Here it is !

1 comment:

simplewithsyd said...

I want to be where He is every day...every moment (though I know I am not). Like you, I am determined to live experiencing His presence....changing me and changing lives through me too. Oh yes, dry dry, dry without, but living from within! :)

He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water John 7:38

Going to check out your devotional now!! :)