9.03.2013

This churning inside me...

I read somewhere a while back that unless we release what is in our hands by giving it away, we stop up the blessings of God so that He is unable to give us more. I thought that was just profound. A profound truth that is absolutely Biblical. John 3:16 says that "God so loved the world that He GAVE..."

God gave.

He expects us to give.

He expects us to give without grudges or complaints. He wants us to give cheerfully.


When we give, we activate all the Scriptures that speak about the giver being blessed. But then again, God does not want us to give simply so that we can be blessed. He wants us to give as a token of our love to Him, just like He gave us Jesus as the ultimate token of love. When we give it honors and worships Him.

I came across this in my reading yesterday from Proverbs 11:25.



One of the things I have been thinking of lately is how I can give of myself and pour the gifts God has given me into the lives of others. The kind of giving I am talking about here goes beyond giving monetarily or materially. I want to be able to minister God's life, love, healing and power to others. I want to be an instrument through whom others see Jesus and are excited to come to Him. And the truth is that I have been wondering how exactly I can do that. Life seems so boring if I am unable to do that.

I am blessed to teach Children's Church almost every Sunday and I am glad that I also get to share little bits of what God is teaching me through this blog but sometimes I can't help but wonder "Lord, I know I could be doing more. Lord, I want to be part of something bigger. How can I do more ?" Does this happen to anyone else ? !

Anyway, I am slowly becoming an expert at "When you don't know what to do, you better pray". And so I am turning this churning going on inside me into a prayer today. Do you care to join me ?

Father, I want other people's lives to be impacted by the all the gifts You have blessed me with. I choose today not to focus on my problems. I choose to see beyond myself and see that there is a world that is in desperate need of Your love, healing and power. I thank You for placing me here at this moment and in this place and I thank You that from today I will give generously out of the store of blessings You have given me. I thank you for making me salt and light in my world. In Jesus Name, Amen ! 

Let me know if you prayed with me in the comments or leave me a message on Facebook  and let's connect!

You are loved by an unshakable Savior!

Gertrude.

No comments: