10.03.2013

Psst...you over there ! You deserve perfect peace !

This morning I had the privilege of sneaking out of my room while the baby slept to have  my quiet time. What I read was too good to keep to myself and I had to share. So here we go :

May grace (God’s favor) and peace (which is perfect well-being, all necessary good, all spiritual prosperity, and freedom from fears and agitating passions and moral conflicts) be multiplied to you in [the full, personal, precise, and correct] knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord  
For His divine power has bestowed upon us all things that [are requisite and suited] to life and godliness, through the []full, personal] knowledge of Him Who called us by and to His own glory and excellence (virtue).
2 Peter 1:2-3(AMP)

I enjoy reading from the Amplified Bible at times because it brings out and further explains the meanings of key words in a verse. What struck me at first was the fact that the Apostle Peter, under the influence of the Holy Spirit, spoke a blessing that involved grace (God's unmerited and limitless favor) and peace (perfect well-being, all necessary good, all spiritual prosperity and freedom from fears and agitating passions and conflicts) being multiplied. How was this peace to be multiplied ? Through the knowledge of God and our Lord Jesus Christ !

And then I began to understand something : by virtue of you and I being born again and knowing Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior (with the expectation that we continue to grow in that knowledge , 2 Peter 3:18), there is grace and peace that is available to EVERY believer ! That's right. You have a right to enjoy a life full of grace and peace just as it says in 2 Peter 1:2. In other words, you deserve to live a life full of God's favor that is able to overcome every obstacle and you deserve to live in perfect well-being, all necessary good and all spiritual prosperity ! This had me so excited !

This Scripture helps me see why Jesus slept on the boat in the midst of a storm on the Sea of Galilee. Jesus was not sleeping because He was insensitive or did not care as His disciples had suggested. I believe His sleeping in the midst of all that trouble demonstrates to us the practicality of having and enjoying complete peace even when things around us seem to be going haywire. That peace is not simply for the Son of God. It is available for EACH AND EVERY ONE of us to enjoy. 

As you go through the day today, remember that no matter what is going on in your life, you have the heavenly right to enjoy God's grace and His peace. Will you join me as we lay hold of 2 Peter 1:2 and pray it into our lives ?


Father in the Name of Jesus, I thank you for giving us everything that pertains to life and godliness. I pray today that your grace and peace will be multiplied to me. May your grace and peace be multiplied in my home, at my job and in my church. I choose to rest in your grace and peace today and as I do, I thank You that I am reflecting your beautiful and excellent nature. Amen.

Gertrude.

Were you blessed by this post ? Let me hear from you in the comments below or please go up to the top of this page and share this with someone ! Join me on Facebook for more fellowship .
Linking up with these blogs today :

No comments: