11.08.2013

Praying Like Apostle Paul

My father in the Lord got me praying the prayers of Paul beginning about 3 years ago and I have been completely blessed. In this series I am doing on prayer, I believe it is absolutely important to learn from the saints who have gone before us. 

How did they pray ? 

What made them so effective in their walk with God ? Well that is not a mystery. It is all in the Bible.

So today I am sharing with you prayer points from the Apostle Paul I have used myself and which have been a complete blessing to me. 



One of such prayer is found in Ephesians 3:16-17:

that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,  that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— (NKJV)
Here are the prayer points the Apostle Paul touches on in this verse :  

  1. In this prayer, Paul prays that the Ephesian Christians would be strengthened with the might of the Holy Spirit. I've always thought this an amazing prayer to pray not just for other believers but for myself as well. This Christian walk isn't easy and without strength from the Holy Spirit in our inner man, I cannot even begin to imagine how much harder it would be ! 
  2. He prays that Christ would dwell in their hearts. This should be a daily prayer for us as believers. That Jesus Christ will dwell in our hearts and will be reflected in our every action whether we are a stay-at-home mom, a student, a high-power executive or the janitor. Christ needs to reflected in our daily lives and we need to pray that this becomes so.
  3. He prays that the Ephesians would be rooted and grounded in love. Ummm, we all need this !! Especially, when we encounter those "special" people in life who just know how to push EVERY ONE OF OUR BUTTONS ! Christ's love for us is without measure. There is no width, length or depth to it. It is just so expansive and that is how God has called us to love. Now I am sure you are thinking "Oh Gertrude, you don't know how unlovable 'so-and-so' is !" Hey, I did not write the Bible , okay ? I was born, I was given one and I read it and God's Word says nothing about giving "unlovable" people what they deserve. So if you are having a hard time with that (and we all do at one point or another), pray and ask the Lord to cause you to become rooted and grounded in His love. 
In the next blog post, I will touch on another powerful prayer Paul prayed. I am really praying that as you read this series, your prayers will become as effective as the giants of faith we read about in the Bible !

God bless you. 

------------------------------------
This is the sixth installment of the series I am currently doing on prayer. Please click here to read the other posts and get into the Word yourself and start praying ! You are loved relentlessly by a powerful Savior. 



No comments: