2.05.2014

The Gift of God's Presence

I've battled feelings of loneliness and feeling alone in the past and the thing that set me free from that was when I began to acknowledge the presence of God in my life and embraced the Holy Spirit as my everything.

Am I "there" yet ? Nope ! I still have so much to learn but I felt like posting about how we as believers can practically practice living in the presence of the Holy Spirit every single day.



When Jesus was about to leave the earth, He promised us a Comforter and a Teacher. He did not leave us alone which is why you and I can finally break that stronghold of loneliness over our lives. God sent us the Holy Spirit and He is with us always.

"So why do I feel so lonely?"

I've been there and this may sound harsh but please realize that in order to be set free you sometimes have to encounter some harsh truths. Somebody had to be harsh with me too in order for me to realize this.

The reason you are a believer and still lonely is because :

  1. you're human and we all deal with this but as long as you live in the flesh, loneliness can and will easily overcome you. 
  2. you have not acknowledged the Holy Spirit's power to set you free from the loneliness you are battling with. If you will acknowledge Him and allow Him to be your friend on a DAILY basis, you will begin to experience the love, joy and peace that are the fruits of the Holy Spirit. 
So how do I practice the presence of the Holy Spirit ? 
You acknowledge Him. Have you ever been to a place and been totally ignored ? How did you feel ? The Holy Spirit is gentle and does force Himself on any of us but will operate heavily in our lives if we will acknowledge His presence and power to lead us into all that God has for us.

What does this look like, practically ?
  1. Set aside time to pray everyday. If you can do an hour in prayer, that is great. If you haven't done it before start with ten minutes everyday and go from there. I usually will say when I pray "Holy Spirit, I acknowledge you today. Come and order my steps according to Papa's plan for my life." It has never failed to work !
  2. Be in the Word of God everyday. There are devotionals, blogs, websites etc that can all get you started reading your Bible. We are blessed in this generation to have a myriad of resources readily available to us to study the Word.
  3. Relate with the Holy Spirit as you would a real person because HE IS A REAL PERSON
  4. Include the Holy Spirit in your decision-making. Yes, you can ask the Holy Spirit which road to take on your way to work. You'll be surprised He'll lead you away from all the annoying traffic !
  5. Walk in the Spirit and bear His fruits. The Holy Spirit is "Holy". If we are constantly stressed out because of strife, slandering or living in the flesh (Galatians 5), His presence will cease to be real.
It's my goal this year to experience and encounter God more than I have ever at any point in my life. I pray that becomes your desire too as you read this blog this year !

God bless you and have an amazing day !

Gertrude. 

Join me on Facebook today !



Join my e-mail list now and I will send you 2 FREE gifts...

  • The first two chapters of my book Reign in Life
  • My e-booklet 20 Scripture Confessions for Conquerors
  • Free blog updates and so much more!
  • I will NEVER spam you. That's a promise


No comments: